When building an auction, you control what information is visible to suppliers in relation to their competition.
Here, we'll discuss those visibility options available to you, what they mean, and how they look to suppliers!
When building an auction, scroll down to the Supplier View Options section (3). This section provides you with all visibility options you can set for your suppliers. For each of these options you have the choice to make these options for Lot and Per Line Item view. These visibility options include: Numerical Ranking, Lowest or Not, None of the Above, and Include Best Price.
The Item option controls what is shown to suppliers regarding their total bid price in relation to the other suppliers' total bid prices
- None of the above - No information is shown to the supplier regarding the price of other suppliers' bids or their position relative to other suppliers on a per item basis.
- Numerical Ranking - Bid rank (i.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) relative to other suppliers is shown on a per item basis.
- Lowest or Not - Lowest or Not Lowest is displayed on a per item basis based on the current bid price.
- Include Best Price - The lowest bid price of each item from any supplier is shown to all suppliers.
- "If they are the lowest bidder & The Best Price from all bidders:" A combination of the previous two options: both Lowest/Not Lowest and Best Price data points are displayed.
The Lot option controls what is shown to suppliers regarding their specific item bid price in relation to the other suppliers' specific item bid prices:
- Lowest or Not - Lowest or Not The Lowest is displayed to each supplier based on their total current bid.
- Numerical Ranking: Bid rank relative to other suppliers is displayed to each supplier based on their total current bid.
- Lowest Bidder & Best Price - Lowest or Not The Lowest is shown along with the current Lowest Bid among all suppliers.
- Numerical Rank & Best Price - Bid rank relative to other suppliers is displayed, along with the current Lowest Bid among all suppliers.
For more information on building auctions, read our Build Auctions from RFPs article in our Knowledge Base!